Monday, August 10, 2009

day 3

So we are on day 3 of the 7 days of in-residence. Yesterday we began the actual class, C511, and had our first group assignments and readings that were due this morning. Last night, to say the least, lived up to everything I had heard. After a complete day in class, 8am-5pm, we ate dinner, and began group work around 7pm. We finally wrapped up the readings and group assignment around 2:30pm, and after 7 hours or so of working, the final product was still far from perfect.

From discussions today, many groups had the same experience, with only a few completing the task before midnight.

We have taken a more urgent approach in the group work tonight, and we are all tired, somewhat cranky, and are hopeful we complete the task before 11pm.

The class instructors are great. They are enthusiastic, engaging, and are true masters of the subject matter. While I myself am a "numbers person", and the class work deals with much softer issues, such as culture and change, I am struggling to relate. I believe these items are very important in the business world, however because I am entrenched in numbers, subjects that deal little with numbers I find myself often struggling with.

While I am only 3 days into a long and daunting program, there is no regrets, and in fact, I probably am even more of a supporter of the program than I had been.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There,

    I'm very interest to hear how thing progress for you over the year. I'm studying for my GMAT right now, and plan to start applying to schools in the November/December timeframe. Kelley is my number 1 choice, and there are not that many testimonials out there right now.

    Mind if I ask how you did on your GMAT?

    ReplyDelete