Saturday, August 8, 2009

In-residence begins

1st year in-residence began today, so I guess I can officially say that I have begun the Kelley Direct program. Arrived in Bloomington around noon, checked in, walked around campus a little.

3pm was registration/check-in, which was very quick and painless. Some pictures taken (for Angel and for the Student ID), got handed some information on the in-residence week, purchased the coursepack for C511, got some Kelley swag, and some snacks.

6:30pm was the welcome reception. Got to finally meet some classmates, heard from Dean Venkat, ate, and then afterwards we got to hear from a few of the professors who teach "1st year" courses. The professors were very enthusiastic about the program and the course they teach.

The KD faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful. The classmates that I have met so far come from a wide range of backgrounds, are also very friendly, and have alleviated any fears I may have had about what exactly my classmates would be like.

The campus is amazing. I am not used to the traditional college campus, as I have mostly attending urban universities. However, just from walking around I feel that maybe I missed out somehow.

Groups have been assigned for the week, although I have not met any of my group members yet. The actual class begins tomorrow, and the syllabus and assignments for the week have been posted on Angel, and just from reading what will be expected and due of us this week, I have already begun to stress.

More to come throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment